We collect information about your use our Digital Services and Knowledge Exchange including how you view and interact with our links and signposts and content on other energy websites, such as our academic partners in knowledge exchange.
Information we collect to provide our digital services
- Your hardware devices and browsers: we collect device-specific information (such as your browser and version, unique device identifiers, and network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers with your other service or content usage as described below.
- Log information: when you use our services or view content provided by The Catapult, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes details of how you used our service, such as your activity and downloads on energy sector related sites.
- Internet protocol address: device information such as browser type, browser, language, the date and time of your request and referral URL, cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or device.
- If you sign up to web services provided by the Catapult:
- We hold login details you give us to enable you to access apps/websites/services including your preferences, profile and activity logs to manage these services;
- We use your login for security and to maintain and improve services we offer you;
- If you opt in to more services, we will use your login details to deliver services you authorise, to log you into each service and deliver to your preferences.
How we use the information we collect from our digital services
We use the information we collect from our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them. We combine this information to provide relevant content, search results, links or signposts.
If you give us content or links to content, such as your company website, our automated systems may analyse the content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant information or features, such as customised search results, and signposting to energy systems knowledge that relates to your information or content.
Analysing usage helps energy sector and partner site owners improve their websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our signposting services, such as those using the Energy Knowledge eXchange (EKX), information is linked with usage analytics of other energy sector related websites.
How we protect more personal information