ENA Energy Networks Innovation Conference
Energy Systems Catapult’s Director of Strategy and Performance, Guy Newey and Data Systems Practice Manager, Dr Richard Dobson, are participating in the ENA Energy Networks Innovation Conference, which runs across 8-9 December 2020.
Replacing the LCNI Conference, The all new ENA Conference features a line-up of gas and electricity innovation experts, all coming together to share the learning from over 60 projects and showcases innovation case studies from every gas and electricity network in Britain together with expert panel discussions and Q&A sessions over two days.
Guy is chairing a panel session on 8 December entitled ‘Enabling net zero: decarbonising the energy system’ alongside panellists including Claire Dykta, Head of UK Strategy, National Grid; Juan Marco, Principal Director, E.DSO; Chris Train, Chair, Gas Goes Green, and will explore the following topics:
- Open Networks and Gas Goes Green Project updates
- Interconnectivity, sector coupling and building the smart energy systems of the future
- Energy system transformation: what does this mean?
- The energy system transition: who pays?
- The role of the networks in transitioning to a net zero energy system
Richard is participating in panel entitled ‘What do you need from the future electricity grid?’ alongside Graham Campbell, SP Energy Networks; Carmen Gimeno, Geode; Sotiris Georgiopoulos, UK Power Networks and Mark Herring, National Grid ESO”. The panel will explore:
- DSO/ESO coordination: how will it work?
- Opportunities for standardisation and opening up data to improve customer experience
- Working holistically across all energy vectors: how will this work?
- Barriers to participation in flexibility markets
- Role of networks in delivering net zero
This event is taking place remotely via online channels – to find out more or register your place visit the ‘register my place’ button on the right hand side of this page.