On Day Two of The Future of Utilities Summit 2018, John Batterbee, our head of architecture and transformation, is taking part in panel discussion on ‘Mapping the path to decarbonised heat’ in session 7 at 2.25pm (orange stage).
With panel members, he will be discussing:
- What role will gas play in the future of the UK’s energy system
- What impact would a fragmentation of domestic heating technologies have on energy markets
- What are the principle technical obstacles to the use of alternative gas in current networks
- Can policy square the circle of increased pressure on bills and the scale of required investment
- How can the industry avoid the stranding of assets
- Are new monopoly heat networks consistent with pushes for greater customer choice.
Now in its 23rd year, and featuring 75+ speakers on three different stages, the UK’s leading energy and water summit provides the best environment for strategic consultation of all critical issues facing today’s decision-makers.
By striking a balance between cross-industry discussion and in-depth exploration into customer interactions, energy, and water this year’s programme will provide the best environment for strategic consultation of all critical issues facing today’s decision-makers.