Future of Utilities Summit
Energy Systems Catapult’s Chief Technology Officer, Eric Brown and Dr Rose Chard, Consumer Insight Manager, is taking part in the Future of Utilities Summit 2020 conference on 1 and 3 December 2020 respectively.
Now in its 28th year, the Future of Utilities Summit will be taking place virtually this year from locations around the world and feature 60+ international speakers including board-level executives from EDF Energy, Anglian Water and SP Energy Networks.
Eric is a panellist in the session: Undertaking a digital revolution to deliver more for less, alongside Neil Dewis, Director of Water Service Delivery, Yorkshire Water; Dan Wilson, Asset Data Manager & NMS Data Lead, Electricity North West.
The session will take place at 12.35-2.25pm and explore:
- Are we on the cusp of a new era of asset performance?
- To what extent has the coronavirus emphasised new areas for improvement?
- Embedding a digital strategy into the business transformation project
- Overcoming legacy structures and siloed information
- Unlocking hidden value from existing assets
- How can the current pace of change be upheld once the stimulus of the pandemic has reduced?
- Using technology to enhance resilience
- Making the most of the growth in available asset data
Dr Rose Chard, Consumer Insight Manager, will also be participating in the event as a panellist in the session: ‘Creating a collaborative roadmap for decarbonising heat’ on 3 December, alongside Chris Clarke, Energy Strategy Director, Wales & West Utilities; Keith Owen, Strategic Manager, Northern Gas Networks; John Armstrong, Head of City Energy, E.ON UK and Liz Kitchen, Senior Policy Advisor, Heat Strategy and Innovation, BEIS. Here, Rose will draw on a number of Catapult projects including our work on Net Zero Leiston and our consumer protection expertise.
This event is taking place remotely via online channels. To sign up or find out more about the event visit the registration link on the right of the page.