Phil Lawton, power systems specialist at Energy Systems Catapult, is participating in a panel session on Day One (16 October) at the Solar and Storage Live conference in Birmingham.
Commencing at 10.50am in the Current+ theatre, the session ‘Developing a low carbon power market that’s fit for the future’ will explore:
Energy management and trading
- Artificial Intelligence
- Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Energy Storage
- Smart Energy, Homes, Networks and Cities
- Internet of things
The changing generation mix in the UK – what does it take to plan a low carbon power mix for the future?
- Efficiency and Flexibility
The implications of this new era on the bottom line, economy and carbon
- Eroding margins for traditional suppliers
- Increased competition
- A move to zero marginal cost of power
- Self-supply and energy trading
Future infrastructure needs