Minister of State for Energy and Clean Growth, Claire Perry MP, will deliver the keynote address at Energy System Catapult’s showcase event: ‘Can smart technology help decarbonise the UK’s heat system?’
Decarbonising heat is the biggest emissions challenge facing the UK. Energy Systems Catapult has been delivering the UK’s largest smart, consumer-focused project aimed at overcoming barriers to the decarbonisation of residential heat – the Smart Systems and Heat (SSH) programme.
SSH Phase 2, funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, is coming to an end, and we are now seeking to share the findings and build partnerships to put them into action.
We would like to invite you to our event exploring how to decarbonise domestic heating, where we will:
- Discover what we have learned in our trials about how people heat their homes;
- Explore the potential of digitalisation and heat as a service:
- How to improve consumer experiences?
- How to improve the appeal of low carbon heating?
- How to create new business models?
- Highlight the latest innovation in heating;
- Examine the policy drivers which may be needed to decarbonise the UK’s heating supply.