The Public Sector Estates Conference 2021
Christine St John Cox will be a keynote speaker at the Public Sector Estates Conference alongside Stuart Burrows from the Office of Government Property. Christine will be discussing the Modern Energy Partnership Programme which is being delivered in partnership with BEIS and the Cabinet office and is focused on enabling the public sector to meet its 2032 50% direct emissions reduction target (against at 2017 baseline). The programme is currently testing out a systematic approach for the development of decarbonisation plans, the rapid deployment of submetering, and the implementation of the first steps of decarbonisation on a cohort of 42 sites from Ministry of Defence, Health, Ministry of Justice, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, and Higher Education Institutions.
Christine is a chartered building services engineer and has over twenty years’ experience in the energy sector, initially as a design engineer and more recently supporting organisation decarbonisation strategies.
Keynote: How is the Public Sector Going to Meet Net Zero and How Does It Fit with Broader Strategic Asset Management?
- Using strategic asset management to optimise the estate.
- Practical learnings on delivery and scalability through the Modern Energy Partners programme
- The rationale for the programme, what it looked at, and some of the key findings
- Exploring the technical solutions, and aligning installation to asset end of life replacement
- Addressing key systemic barriers for scalable decarbonisation and integrating into business as usual estate management
- Understanding the wealth of knowledge gathered about decarbonisation in the public sector and where to access it.
You can sign up for the event on their website or through the booking link on this page.