Energy Systems Catapult is looking for information from potential solution providers to develop their local authority driven Smart Local Energy Systems (SLES) Marketplace platform.
UK Local Authorities (LAs) will play a key role in delivering the UK’s Net Zero targets and accelerating the UK’s transition to a Net Zero future. However not all LAs have the resources, time or know how to determine, design and deliver the solutions needed to achieve the changes required in their local areas.
Working together with LAs, the Catapult has developed a prototype platform – through its Energy Revolution Integration Service (ERIS) – that brings together the key components of a SLES Marketplace platform that can guide LAs through the stages needed to deliver complex smart and local energy projects.
Energy Systems Catapult has published a Request for Information (RFI) in order to:
- Receive elicit feedback on the conceptual design of the SLES Marketplace platform
- Understand if there are existing solutions that can deliver the scale, flexibility and openness that is required for the platform
- Understand if existing solutions can be modified to meet requirements
- Understand if a bespoke solution is required
In all cases, we are seeking feedback regarding indicative costs, timescales and challenges associated with implementing the proposed solution.
This information will be used by the Catapult to develop more detailed requirements for the system which will be issued in a subsequent RFP.
Energy Systems Catapult is now looking for indicative responses from those who can help us rapidly design, build and deploy a next-generation platform over several phases. The platform will support a “SLES Marketplace” where local authority users can:
- Access guidance, standards, & case study examples
- Acquire digital planning & mapping tools, some of which will be available at no cost whilst others will need to be purchased
- Seek stakeholder feedback through the use of market research tools
- Track carbon reduction & performance against other key targets
- Procure design, deployment & maintenance services
- Store data, plans etc that are needed across the lifetime of their projects
- Interact with other LAs in a community of Marketplace users
If your organisation has a solution that will be of practical use to a local authority, please review and respond to the RFI by 12 noon Monday 26th July 2021.
To support this programme, we would like to invite all interested parties to our Solution Providers for ERIS SLES Marketplace Platform RFI webinar on Thursday 15 July 2021 from 10:30 – 12:00 (BST) – please refer to the RFI for details on how to register interest to join. A recording of this webinar along with a transcript of questions raised during the webinar will be made available on Find a Tender following the event.