Local Energy Systems Scottish Industry Network (LESSIN) is an initiative to support the decarbonisation of industrial Scotland while building the low carbon economy.
The project will bring together manufacturers, project developers, technology companies, innovation support organisations, knowledge communities, and investors to cultivate the low carbon ecosystem in Scotland, and beyond.
LESSIN is led by Energy Systems Catapult in collaboration with the Energy Technology Partnership (ETP), and on behalf of Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise. The project is part-funded by the 2014–2020 European Structural and Investment Fund.
Become part of the LESSIN. It’s free to be a member!
- Is your business part of the energy sector in Scotland? Or could it be in future?
- Might your business be able to help “LESSIN” the CO2 in local energy systems?
- Would you like to contribute to the major transformation of how we produce, consume and balance energy in local energy systems in Scotland and beyond?
LESSIN member benefits:
Scottish industry and energy sector members will be supported by the Energy Systems Catapult and ETP to:
- Help build Local Energy Systems consortiums and attract investment for successful demonstration of commercial projects, at scale, in Scotland and internationally
- Make connections to potential partners, project owners and investors and access Local Energy Systems supporting information, within a dedicated online network collaboration space
- Provide a greater understanding about the changes to future energy markets, local energy systems integration and energy transition to Net Zero GHG emissions
- Share industry challenges and gain insights into how to turn the challenges into opportunities
- Help share your learning with the Local Energy Systems industry and help others develop local energy projects
- Help collaborative ways of working across the industry and explore new business models
- Provide LESSIN funded direct SME business development support via 1:2:1 business development surgeries with innovation support and funding guidance
Energy Systems Catapult, Energy Technology Partnership and other innovation support organisations will work with Scottish industry to identify challenges and opportunities in delivering Local Energy Systems.
Catch up on the launch event