Helping Local Energy Systems Sector Flourish through Mutual Support and Collaboration in Scotland
Local Energy Systems Scottish Industry Network (LESSIN) is an initiative to support the decarbonisation of industrial Scotland while building the low carbon economy.
The project will bring together manufacturers, project developers, technology companies, innovation support organisations, knowledge communities, and investors to cultivate the low carbon ecosystem in Scotland, and beyond.
LESSIN is led by Energy Systems Catapult in collaboration with the Energy Technology Partnership (ETP), and on behalf of Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise. The project is part-funded by the 2014–2020 European Structural and Investment Fund.
Energy Systems Catapult, Energy Technology Partnership and other innovation support organisations will work with Scottish industry to identify challenges and opportunities in delivering Local Energy Systems.
Become part of the LESSIN. It’s free to be a member!
- Is your business part of the energy sector in Scotland? Or could it be in future?
- Might your business be able to help “LESSIN” the CO2 in local energy systems?
- Would you like to contribute to the major transformation of how we produce, consume and balance energy in local energy systems in Scotland and beyond?
LESSIN member benefits:
Scottish industry and energy sector members will be supported via LESSIN to:
- Help build Local Energy Systems consortiums and attract investment for successful demonstration of commercial projects, at scale, in Scotland and internationally
- Make connections within a dedicated online network collaboration space
- Provide a greater understanding about the changes to future energy markets, local energy systems integration and energy transition to Net Zero GHG emissions
- Share industry challenges and identify opportunities
- Help share your learning with the Local Energy Systems
- Help collaborative ways of working across the industry and sectors
- Provide direct SME business development support via 1:2:1 business development surgeries
- SMEs are invited to sign up for LESSIN SME’s 1:2:1 Support and ESC Energy LaunchPad Support Platform
- To find out more or to get involved in LESSIN activities contact us: Lessin@es.catapult.org.uk
15th June, 9:30am -11:30am
Digitalisation of Local Energy Systems – Data & Digital Integration Deep Dive Workshop
Joint event: ESC/ETP/The Datalab/ScotlandIS
This webinar will identify key challenges and opportunities for integration of digital and data systems & technologies into Local Energy Systems. It will provide an overview of funding and support available for innovators and identify opportunities to bring together potential collaborators.
21st June, 1:00pm -3:00pm
ETP & ESC Local Energy Systems Delivering Net Zero & Just Energy Transition (Part of ETP’s Energy Innovation Emporium Series)
This workshop will bring together Local Authorities’, industry, communities and academia to explore opportunities for collaboration and innovation. Hear about Public Sector Local Energy Systems initiatives and get involved in identifying ways to take forward joined-up initiatives and solutions between LES and Energy Transition projects.
LESSIN Launch Event took place on 17th February, 2021
The Launch of LESSIN included a Ministerial Address from MSP Paul Wheelhouse, keynotes from Prof. Sir Jim MacDonald (Co-chair Scottish Government’s Energy Advisory Group) and Neil Kermode (EMEC). Contributions from the LESSIN funders and partners provided an overview of the aims, activities and vision for LESSIN.
LESSIN 1st Engagement Wave Kick-off Event
On May 18th 2021 we hosted the first Local Energy Systems Scottish Industry Network (LESSIN) first engagement wave kick-off event. The event focussed on the main opportunities that Local Energy Systems in Scotland present and also dug into the digital integration challenge.
You can access the slides HERE.
Partners & Funders