Get feedback from thousands of households from the only UK consumer panel supported experts in energy policy, business modelling and systems engineering
Put consumers at the heart of you innovation process
Home Truths® is our consumer panel of thousands of people who can help you better understand your customer, your innovation and your business.
Our point of difference is that our consumer insight specialists are supported by experts in every discipline across the whole energy system, from energy policy to systems engineering and business model innovation.
We can give you bespoke services to suit your business needs. From in-depth feedback on the detail – through interviews or focus groups – to robust statistics from a survey.
Obtain feedback directly from consumers on the development of products and service propositions.
Targeting the market
Better understand how to communicate and increase take up of your products and services.
Concept and proposition testing reduces the risk of decision making in developing new products and services
9 reasons why you should use Home Truths®
1. Affordable – quick cost-effective consumer research
2. Tailored – research designed by experts, focused on each innovators specific needs
3. Flexible – qualitative or quantitative outputs, from a few questions to a whole survey
4. Expert – run by consumer insight professionals with energy expertise
5. Analysis – available from our wider multidisciplinary team, with commercial, technical and policy expertise
6. Independent – impartial, independent and technology-agnostic analysis
7. Broad – all types of UK homes and consumer groups
8. Quality – consumers profiled by the Catapult’s unique attitudinal segmentations offering insights into energy use, purchasing and boiler replacements, to put consumer feedback into context
9. Fresh – new participants recruited on a regular basis, avoiding respondent fatigue and improving data quality.
Oxford-based innovator Levelise developed a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) platform that aims to make home battery systems more cost-effective and affordable by better predicting solar generation and energy consumption.
By using Artificial Intelligence to connect and aggregate capacity across many homes to support energy network balancing which creates a more flexible grid, reduces the need for network reinforcement, and provides an extra revenue stream for consumers.
With meticulous scrutiny our Consumer Insight team tested and refined the Levelise proposition:
- Increasing consumer acceptance of their novel domestic energy service in a service design sprint with focus groups and validating the proposition through our Home Truths® consumer panel.
- Since they began working with Energy Systems Catapult in 2018, their customer base has increased to 1000’s of customers across the UK.
- Levelise tripled their employees and are now working with thousands of consumers across the UK.
- Partnerships and overseas market entry accelerated through market research.
Helping innovators to research, design and test low carbon products, services and business models with real consumers.Contact us